Let’s face it, good skin takes a lot of work and it’s a constant struggle for most us! Whether it’s the appearance of a sudden zit or a breakout-battle right before a big event, skin problems are always a bummer to deal with. To help us ladies wage war against the never-ending skin issues, our 23-year-old friend Archana N Deshmukh (@arch.deshmukh) has some useful hacks up her sleeve to keep skin breakouts at bay.
A passionate dog lover, Archana’s simple yet effective skincare hacks have made her quite the beauty enthusiast in her friend circle. Although blessed with good skin health, she also has her share of bad skin days that she handles like a pro by treating her skin right. That’s why we got in touch with her to learn some of her magic skincare tricks to maintain a glowing skin.
“Excessive use of make-up often facilitates increased outbreak of acne or more skin problems. Here’s a list of remedies that one can try out on a weekend to prevent such problems and reactivate healthy skin cells. “
- Use lesser makeup and make sure it is of good quality. Also, make sure you remove your make up before going to bed.
- Use a DIY pack (or products containing) Aloe Vera and Lime – at least two times a week. This has proved to be really helpful for my skin as I use Aloe gel directly from the plant.
- Stick to one face wash for at least 2 months. Trying out multiple products may harm your skin. While switching products read the ingredients properly and go with something that works for your skin. The presence of high Salicylic Acid in your facewash is also important.
- I use Johnson’s Baby Powder in places where I feel a pimple is soon going to surface. People with sensitive skin should try Cetaphil for breakouts.
- Steam your skin regularly. It helps in unclogging skin pores and also increase cell turnover.
- I religiously follow the saying, ‘you are what you eat’. So keep track of your eating habits as it is directly proportional to your skin health. I try to eat clean and drink lots of water to maintain a healthy skin.
- A glass of Lemongrass Juice is what I’ve recently added to my list of good habits. It works wonders for my skin!
- On weekends I apply honey and banana natural DIY face packs. Because why not indulge in some spa-like treatments when you’re at home relaxing!
Do you think her tips are helpful? Which are some of the tips and tricks you follow for your skin? Let us know in the comments below!