When we think of our teenage style statement, it never quite exceeded the lines of skinny jeans, graphic tees or at the most denim shorts considered fancy back in those days! Enter 2018. Teenage fashion has now transformed into a form of self-expression, something that’s vital for every teenager these days and a great way to present oneself to the world. No wonder why we see a sudden change in Gen Z’s fashion tastes for they are constantly striving to develop their unique imprints! (Cover Pic: Netaporter)
The rising starlets of Hollywood with their much-refined sartorial repertoire have definitely caught our attention. Be it killer silhouettes, bold ensembles or sky-high heels, these brand-new breed of chic upstarts are on a meteoric rise with their eclectic fashion choices. If given a chance, we would totally love to raid their wardrobes to find some covet-worthy getups!
Relentless in their pursuit of personal style, we’ve got our eyes on these young stars who we think serve as great style inspirations for 2018’s teens and tweens!
1) Sassiest Teen – Millie Bobby Brown (Age 14)
We think Ms. Brown has been the best breakout fashion star in the past few years and she’s definitely cooler than most grown-ups! The ‘Stranger Things’ actor may only be 14 but she’s already a front-rower in most of the fashion weeks! And after gracing two magazine covers, she’s already way ahead in her style game. Well, what else can we say, she has the world mesmerized by her insanely polished fashion tastes and we don’t mind learning a thing or two from her!
- Millie at the SAG Awards 2018 in a Calvin Klein sequinned high-low dress and white Converse
- On the way to Stephen Colbert Show wearing CG shorts suit and Stuart Weitzman boots.
- Millie was spotted at an event in New York last year wearing a Rodarte bomber jacket with flowy culottes -paired with a crop top and Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal t-strap sandal
2) Queen of Casual Cool – Malia Obama (Age 19)
Daughter of the former President of the United States, an aspiring filmmaker and a freshman at Harvard, Malia Obama may not come across your typical fashion icon; but with the limelight chasing her and the uber cool personality, Malia is well on her way to becoming an inspiration for her fashion choices. We love her effortless style with her signature “Casual Cool” comprising of shorts and short dresses with oversized jackets, graphic tees and sweatshirts (usually from Vancouver based brand Aritzia) Chuck Taylors and ankle boots.
- Malia Obama spotted wearing an Urban Outfitters Floral dress and Dr. Martens boots
- Malia Obama giving a facelift to everyday denim with her ARITZIA sweatshirt and Chuck Taylors
3) The Fashionista Yara Shahidi (Age 17)
At just 17 Yara Shahidi is the face of Chanel! So you can very well imagine what a phenomenal force she’s all set to become! The self-proclaimed teen philanthropist owns an ultra-stylish wardrobe and a cool personal style that’s envied the world over! We admire her fashion choices which are rife with bright hues, bold prints and structured silhouettes and more. While experimental fashion may seem her thing at first, this young diva also manages to incorporate classic and elegant tailoring in basic wardrobe essentials.
- Young Yara looking like a lady in her Chanel dress and Brian Atwood pumps
- Yara Shahidi looking fresh in mom jeans and floral top – styled with her long braids and hoops
What do you think of these rising fashion icons? Tell us who’s your favorite?