Meet Manaen Tshering Lepcha aka Manny, who reigns from Gangtok, Sikkim. Manny, an 18-year-old blogger/vlogger has always left us in awe of his amazingly funny videos. We met through Instagram and instantly bonded over our love for Korean skincare.
While amidst his ongoing board exams, Manny spared some time for our MoiFavs Fam.
- So Manny, tell us something about yourself.
Hey MoiFavs, I’m currently amidst my 12th board exams. I’m studying Science in hopes of being a police officer – it’s always been my parent’s dream. I have many other passions: blogging, vlogging, photography, and contributing to musical.ly. I also run an online community for teenagers called Sndwch Streaming which launched last year but due to exams, I had to give it a break.
- Wow, that’s a lot of things for an 18-year-old. How did you get into blogging/vlogging?
My aunt came back from Dubai and started writing Fashion and Style related blogs for Abilama. She was the first person to inspire and actively help me when I started out. After I failed the 11th standard in a private school, I was moved to a public school. This was a real let down as all of my friends were ahead of me.
I wasn’t in a good state for months, but one night, I sat up browsing Youtube all night and found some of Lily Singh’s inspirational videos. She also went through a similar time and this helped me out loads. When I started out I didn’t have many subscribers, I quickly learned how much work and patience goes into building a successful channel.
My sister Tsering is also an inspiration to me. I couldn’t be happier that she received a silver play button on Youtube. I’m so thankful to all the people in my life who continue to motivate me by setting such strong examples.
- Being 18 and coming from a small town, how important is grooming yourself and your skin for you?
I get asked a lot if I come from a rich background but honestly, I come from a middle-class family. I have always felt the importance of keeping myself groomed, both with what I choose to wear and through my skin. I save the money I get from freelance work to pay for my grooming products. I focus on making myself look smart and neat.
- One skincare tip you received that you value the most?
- Face Lotion Tea Tree Oil, Love Nature (₹299)
- How would you define your personal style?
- We love your videos on your channel. How do you come up with these?
- Tell us about some of your hobbies.
- Your favorite Instagram profiles?
I love Nilu Yuleena Thapa(@bighairloudmouth), Edward ZO (@edwardzo), Thuy Le (@Xthyule), and the ever so gorgeous Kim K (@kimkardashian).
- One lifehack that has always worked for you?
Always be humble and respect each other.
- So, will we be seeing more of your awesome videos in the future?
Definitely, I plan on continuing what I am doing now while also working towards becoming a police officer. I am looking forward to trying to balance both my passion and my dream. 🙂